Discover the joy of upcycling with Upcycle with Jing!
Book our DIY workshop and learn how to create unique jewelry from recycled plastic bottles. It's a fun, meditative and creative experience that breathes new life into overlooked materials. You will get a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry for yourself or as a thoughtful gift for someone special.
- Minimum Group Size: 6 participants
- Location: Arranged by the company/organization
- Language: English/ Chinese
What to Expect:
What you get
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Learn how to transform PET plastic bottles into cherished, one-of-a-kind pieces with the guidance of experienced instructors.
- Personalized DIY Jewelry: Each participant will complete a personalized piece of DIY jewelry (earrings, necklaces or bracelets) tailored to the workshop and product selected, ensuring a unique creation to take home after the workshop.
Skills you learn
- Harvest the plastic petals from a PET bottle with the cutting patterns
- Use the candle flame to bend and shape the plastic petals
- Color the plastic flower
- Introduction of the tools used for jewelry assembling
- Basic jewelry assembling techniques: using eyepins, opening and closing jump rings, entwining wires, etc. (skill required vary based on the selected jewelry outcome: Beginner, Intermediate and Advance Levels)
- DIY tools and a customized DIY Jewelry Kit.
- Plastic bottle cutting patterns, plastic beads, and 14k gold/silver plated brass jewelry accessories.
- Participants bring their own PET plastic bottles for a unique touch.
Workshop Options and Outcomes:
A. Jasmine Flower Earrings/ Necklace
B. Butterfly Orchid Earrings
C. Lily of the Valley Earrings/ Necklace
D. Kanzashi Hairpin
E. Sakura Earrings/ Necklace
F. Floral Moon Earrings
G. Triple Apple Flower Stud Earrings
H. Sakura Bracelet
Our workshops can be based on our pre-made curriculum or customized to products that interest you.
Private Workshop Fee:
The fee varies based on the selected workshop. It includes all materials, expert guidance, and a memorable experience. The company/ organization arranges the workshop venue, tables, and chairs. If it is outside of the Helsinki area, the company will cover the transportation cost.
How to Book a Workshop:
Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your workshop choice.
- Number of participants.
- Preferred date and venue.
We look forward to crafting sustainable beauty together!